Terms & Conditions
You are entering a binding contract with Mr Johannes Adriaan Koppens when your booking has been accepted by Upper House & Spa. This contract is subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
References to 'us' & 'ours' refer to Mr Johannes Adriaan Koppens, and 'you' & 'yours' relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. It is your responsibility to make all those members aware of our Terms & Conditions.
- Prices: All prices are in UK Pounds Sterling. We guarantee that the price we quote for your holiday and subsequently ask you to pay will not increase once we have agreed to accept your booking. We will honour all special offer prices, and gift vouchers purchases within the specified time limits. We calculate price modifications for extras and discounts in respect of the base price of the holiday.
- Booking: You must be over 21 years of age at the time of making a booking, and have the authority and responsibility to accept all the conditions on behalf of all other party members. We reserve the right to refuse a booking and be under no other liability
- Payment: For security reasons, our payment procedure takes place off line. We accept money transfers and cheques made payable to Mr J.A. Koppens. In the case of very late bookings we do accept cash on arrival
- Reservations: We welcome reservations by phone, email or via our online booking system. We will confirm the reservation by email, and hold it for a maximum of 7 days. If your reservation deposit is not received within that time, we reserve the right to offer the holiday to other enquirers
- Deposits: On receipt of a 30% deposit and completed booking form, we will confirm a reservation by emailing you a written confirmation. We recommend that you check it and notify us of any errors immediately
- Full Payment: We accept full payment instead of a deposit if you prefer. For self-catering cottages only: holidays booked less than 6 weeks in advance must be paid for in full at the time of booking. Balance payment is due 6 weeks prior to arrival. Non-payment of the balance constitutes cancellation and forfeiture of deposit. We will remind you of the date when you need to send us your balance
- Damage / Security Deposit (for self-catering cottages): We require a security deposit from group bookings of GBP150 for Long Barn, payable with your reservation balance. For stag and hen parties, the security deposit is an extra GBP100 per cottage. This is refundable within 1 week of the end of your holiday less any payments for damage, returning left belongings, redecoration or excess cleaning required
- Changes: Up to 6 weeks before the start of your holiday, we will whenever possible accommodate changes to your booking and issue a revised booking confirmation without charge and with remaining monies transferred to the new booking. Some changes are not permitted after you have fully paid, or less than 6 weeks before the start of your holiday
- Cancellation: Cancellations must be notified in writing (e.g., email). If you cancel your holiday, we will retain your deposit, but return any remaining balance paid if the cancellation is more than 6 full weeks from your holiday start date. For cancellations less than 6 weeks before the holiday we regret that other monies paid are not refundable or transferable. We strongly recommend that you purchase a holiday cancellation protection plan to cover the eventuality of cancellation
- Special needs and requests: Because the Farm House, Long Barn and Hayloft Cottage are on different levels, they might not be suitable for people with certain disabilities. Please consult us. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property is suitable for your needs, and to tell us at the time of booking of any special needs and requests. We will respond to the best of our ability, but cannot guarantee that any special requests will be met, and failure on our part to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract
- Website accuracy: We do everything we can to ensure the accuracy of our information, especially on our website. We accept no liability for changes, or for changes to amenities and local activities, including those listed in our literature. Distances are approximate
- Number of guests: Must not exceed that stated for the property except by prior arrangement. If it does, we will deny you access, or ask you to leave before the end of your holiday. We will treat your holiday as having been cancelled, and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday monies or any compensation
- Arrival & Departure: For the Long Barn and Hayloft Cottage, check-in time is 4.30pm and check-out time is 10.30am except by prior arrangement. For rooms in the Farm House, arrival time is 2pm and departure time is 11am. If your arrive earlier or leave later, you are welcome to leave your luggage with us before entering or after leaving your accommodation. You are responsible for informing us of late arrival so we can arrange entry should we or our representative be unable to greet you on arrival. If you do not contact us and have not arrived by noon on the day following your expected arrival date, we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you, and you will not be entitled to a refund
- Dogs: We allow dogs that are reliably house-trained. Consult us at the time of your reservation. At no time are dogs allowed on beds or sofas. Please bring your pet's bedding with you and the necessary throws and towels. Dogs must not be left unattended. All faeces must be cleared up and binned. Dogs must be kept on a lead in the presence of livestock. Owners are liable for any damage caused. Farmers are legally entitled to kill a dog that would assault one of its livestocks. We regret that we cannot accept any other pets than dogs
- Guests' obligations: Guests are expected to keep all furniture, fittings, and effects both inside and outside the property in the same state of repair and condition at the start of the holiday. Loss, breakages and damage have to be reported and will be charged
We expect guests to leave the property clean and tidy. We will charge you for excess cleaning.
We expect guests to behave considerately towards other guests, the owners and our representatives, livestock and property. Offensive, rude or dangerous behaviour will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to bar you from the property without refund of monies or any other liability if in our reasonable opinion your behaviour is unacceptable.
Further, should we reasonably believe you are likely to act in such a way, we reserve the right to bar you from the property without refund of monies or any other liability.
We regret that smoking is not permitted indoors.
We expect guests to allow us, or anyone representing us, access to the property at any reasonable time during their holiday.
- Complaints: Your holiday enjoyment is very important to us and we do all in our power to ensure it. Complaints ought to be reported immediately. You are responsible for telling us of problems, and giving us the opportunity to put things right. Complaints made on departure or subsequently will not be entertained, and no liability accepted nor refunds due.
- Liability: Personal belongings are the responsibility of guests themselves. We accept no liability for any accident, loss or damage to property or persons whilst on the premises. We will not be responsible for failure of services beyond our control. Children must be supervised at all times. Cars are parked at owners' risk
- Cancellation and changes by us: Once we have issued our written booking confirmation, we will do our best not to make any changes to your booking. We undertake to inform you promptly of changes. In the unlikely event of cancellation of your holiday, we will refund all monies paid but will have no further liability or obligation
- Breaking Terms & Conditions: We reserve the right to repossess the property if you fail to comply with any of our Terms and Conditions. You will be required to leave the property and no refunds will be given nor liability accepted
- Privacy: We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal data. We do not sell your details to any third party. We will automatically add you to our mailing list for occasional mailings unless you specify otherwise by unsubscribing